The UK's first truly national Digital Towns Index has gone live on the Real Towns website - and we're excited about this for a number of reasons.
It's an important step in recognising the role digital technology is increasingly playing in the lives of people in towns and cities of all sizes.
The launch of the Real Towns Digital League Table is also an opportunity for the UK's premier digital locations to compete for the prize of 2017 Digital League Champions.
The winner will be the town that tops the table at the end of September, 2017.
And a picture will soon emerge about how places are addressing:
- Dwindling high street footfall.
- The opportunities to embrace new community engagement models.
- Ways technology helps create happier, healthier communities.
How the index works
Getting your town on the Real Towns Digital Health League Table is easy:
- Complete the free survey. It only takes a few minutes.
- We'll collate your score.
- You'll receive confirmation of your score and tips on how to climb the ladder.
- Check the Digital League Table to see if you've made it to the UK's top 40 Digital Destinations.
Towns with scores of over 100 points will qualify for a Real Towns Bronze, Silver or Gold certificate, while the ultimate digital destinations will be rewarded with Digital Hub status.
There are a number of ways to engage with Real Towns to improve your score and climb the table:
- For only £199, order your comprehensive follow-up survey. You'll also get:
- An additional 25 points.
- A one-hour call from one of our experts to reveal an overview of the Real Towns system.
- An official Real Towns Certificate for your website and a printable version to hang in your offices
- Bronze, silver or gold achievement badges for your website and social media channels.
- Become a Real Towns Member for just £150 a month paid annually and we'll:
- Give you 75 points.
- Send you the second survey.
- Provide you with a documented Digital Health Report.
- Work with you to build a detailed Digital Strategy for your town.
- Give you full access to the Real Towns System.
- Provide up to 4 hours of calls to coach, advise and mentor you.
- Take 10% off the price all our other services.
As a member, you'll be the first to learn all about any new technology and services set for release - such as our upcoming new digital placemaking platform for mobiles.
We invite all UK towns and cities to spend a few minutes to complete the survey and tell us what they're doing to switch to a digital lifestyle which connects business, residents and visitors to the great things going on in their neighbourhood.
Please share this article with your colleagues in councils, Business Improvement Districts, town teams and anyone else who is passionate about place management.
Ask them to visit the Real Towns Digital Health Check page on our website, complete the survey and start working towards a better future for their place with digital technology and community engagement at the heart of their efforts.
Latest posts by Patrick Briscoe (see all)
- Traditional Town Centres: What The Experts Say - June 3, 2017
- Digital Good For Traditional Town Centres – But Not as We Know Them - June 3, 2017
- The UK Digital Towns League Table Challenge - May 9, 2017