Renewable energy covers far more than rooftop solar and wind farms. It offers entire communities new ways to power schools, hospitals, local government buildings, high streets and trading estates – cleanly, efficiently and affordably. We’ve entered the age of community energy, where the most advanced heat to power technology can power up all the places we live, work and play.
The Greenstorc system turns an industrial and commercial by-product into a safe, clean, constant energy supply.
Waste heat is transformed into an energy source capable of powering and heating industry, businesses, airports, leisure centres, shopping malls and public buildings.
This process not only reduces waste, but actively converts it into a cheap, reliable source of fuel. It’s an ORC-based steam engine for a new age – high tech, low cost and zero emissions.
But we can also produce our own low-to-zero emissions power through unique shallow geothermal technology - taking heat from the ground at any location - and methane taken from natural gas or biogas.
These two techniques can be used separately or together to produce customised, community-specific energy.
A co-operative approach to energy helps a diverse range of residents, businesses, local authorities and industry to reduce costs and optimise supply. Existing solar or wind assets can be added to these microgrids to feed excess power back to the grid.
We can power your place with clean, cost-effective, 24-hour energy. To Real Towns the word ‘collective’ is important. We believe in serving communities, and we believe we can help you with our high standards of integrity, service and commitment to a fair deal.
- Pay only for the power you we generate - we install and maintain the plant.
- Feed unused energy back into the grid.
- Enjoy the savings of group purchasing power.
- Lock-in the benefits of cheap energy for decades.
- Integrate with existing wind, solar or biogas systems to improve efficiency and boost savings.
The flexibility of the Greenstorc Microgrid model means that solutions can be tailored to suit virtually any requirement.
We select partners the same way we select our projects – with a tailored, practical approach which keeps the goal firmly in mind.
- Retail villages, indoor markets and shopping centres.
- High streets containing diverse shops and businesses.
- Government departments, local authority buildings and Council offices.
- Hospitals and medical centres.
- Schools, colleges and universities.
- Cinemas, theatres and entertainment venues.
- Sporting and leisure centres
- Airport terminals and the ‘shopping villages’ they contain.
- Business Improvement Districts (BIDs).
- Energy Improvement Districts (EIDs).
- Trading and industrial estates.
- Military and defence bases.
Greenstorc exists to make affordable green energy accessible to everyone . . . 24 hours a day. We'll help you get the best:
- Pre-negotiated pay.
- Feed-in tariff.
- Power purchasing agreement (PPA).
We are also involved in a host of other initiatives designed to improve local community access, encourage digital collaboration and empower communities to take control of their infrastructure and services.
For Real Towns, community energy is a natural progression in our placemaking revolution.
POWER OF COLLECTIVE BUYING
As a generator of renewable energy, we can enter into long term contracts at fixed prices to buy energy back from the grid and deliver savings to our customers.
That's good for the local economy. good for the environment and good for everyone's bank balances.
Our system uses heat from a variety of sources, including:
- Local factories and trading estates.
- Woody biomass.
- Incinerated waste.
Or we can create reliable, continuous, clean energy from our breakthrough geothermal technology.